We are ready to go crazy and raise awareness about cystic fibrosis! Are you?
On Friday 7 August, Arriba Group is partaking in Crazy Hair Day for Cystic Fibrosis, an annual fundraising event held across Australia. The Arriba Group staff will be styling their hair in the craziest way possible and making a small donation to raise much-needed funds and awareness for Cystic Fibrosis. We invite you all to join us too by getting creative and working your magic on your hair for a good cause!
What is Cystic Fibrosis?
Cystic Fibrosis is an inherited genetic disorder that affects the lungs, digestive system and other organs in the body. People with the condition often suffer lung infections, breathing difficulties, liver disease, brittle bones and infertility.
For a person to inherit Cystic Fibrosis, both parents must have a faulty CFTR gene. If both parents carry an abnormal CFTR gene, the chances of their child inheriting the condition are 25%.
Cystic Fibrosis is life-shortening and there is no cure, although treatments can help to improve a patient’s quality of life and life expectancy.
Why is Arriba Group going hair crazy for Cystic Fibrosis?
Many Australians are unaware of what Cystic Fibrosis is and the struggles those with the condition face. Crazy Hair Day raises awareness of the condition in a fun way, while also raising funds to go towards treatments, research, and the families of people with Cystic Fibrosis.
Getting involved couldn’t be easier!
- Start planning your crazy hair design
- Spread the word – promote Crazy Hair Day to your friends and family
- Donate via the Crazy Hair Day Arriba Group company page
- Share your crazy hair photo to our Facebook page!
In need of some creative inspiration?
We have got you covered. See some ideas below. The bigger and crazier the better!
Where to go for more information?
- Learn more about what Cystic Fibrosis is, how it happens, and how it is treated https://www.cysticfibrosis.org.au/about-cf/what-is-cf#What
- To find a support clinic for Cystic Fibrosis please click the link below http://www.cfbuzz.org/support/cf-clinics-australia/
- For more information about Crazy Hair day please visit http://www.crazyhair.com.au/#about-cf