Ready to go crazy and raise awareness about cystic fibrosis? This Friday 29th of July is Crazy Hair Day, an annual fundraising event held across Australia. For a gold coin donation, encourage your students, teachers and staff to wear their craziest hair.
What is Cystic Fibrosis?
Cystic Fibrosis is the most common, inherited genetic disorder affecting young Australians – it impacts the lungs, digestive system and other organs in the body. People with the condition often suffer lung infections, breathing difficulties, liver disease, brittle bones and infertility.
For a person to inherit Cystic Fibrosis, both parents must have a faulty CFTR gene. If both parents carry an abnormal CFTR gene, the chances of their child inheriting the condition are 25%.
Cystic Fibrosis is life-shortening and there is no cure, although treatments can help to improve a patient’s quality of life and life expectancy.
All money raised during Crazy Hair Day goes towards helping the Cystic Fibrosis Federation Cystic Fibrosis Federation in Australia provide vital support to those suffering from cystic fibrosis.
Getting involved couldn’t be easier!
- Start planning your crazy hair design
- Spread the word – promote Crazy Hair Day to your friends and family
- Register your event, nominate a date and receive your digital starter pack
Where to go for more information?
- Learn more about what Cystic Fibrosis is, how it happens, and how it is treated https://www.cysticfibrosis.org.au/about-cf/what-is-cf#What
- To find a support clinic for Cystic Fibrosis please click the link below http://www.cfbuzz.org/support/cf-clinics-australia/
- For more information about Crazy Hair day please visit http://www.crazyhair.com.au/#about-cf