At the end of September there has been changes to NDIS Pricing Arrangements. It is now easier and quicker to get the minor home modifications you need!
Here is what you need to know:
- You no longer need to give quotes from your builder if your home modifications are non-structural and under $20,000, unless you live in a remote or very remote region where a quote is still important to help set the right budget for you.
- Budgets for minor home modifications have been published based on market rates, so you can work out how much your home modifications might cost and find a provider who can complete the modifications within the budget.
- You will need to get an assessment to decide whether the home modification meets the NDIS funding criteria.
- The type of assessment you need is different depending on the cost of the minor home modification.
- Category A – If the home modification is less than $10,000 and doesn’t involve changes to the bathroom floor, you can get an assessment from your OT.
- Category B – If the home modification is $10,000 or more, or involves a change to the bathroom floor, you will need an assessment from a home modification assessor. This is an OT who is qualified to assess more detailed home modifications.
The guidelines on home modifications have been updated on the Government Health website to reflect these improvements.
Read the media release to find out more.